Overview of the course:
This exam 100-101 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) is connected with CCENT certification. This is the initial and concrete step in acquiring CCNA Routing and Switching certification. Students who are preparing for this exam should opt for the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) course.
This exam will not only determine a candidate’s possessed skills and knowledge for installing, operating and troubleshooting a small branch office network, but it also consists of subject matter on the Operation of IP Data Networks; LAN Switching Technologies; IP Addressing (IPv4 & IPv6); IP Routing Technologies; IP Services (DHCP, NAT, ACLs); Network Device Security; Basic Troubleshooting.
- Examination number: 100-101 ICND1
- Total time: 1½ hour
- Maximum no. of questions: 45-55
- Languages: English and Japanese
- Register: Pearson VUE
The topics with their weightage are the guidance for the exam’s content.
- Operation of IP Data Networks with a weightage of 6%
- LAN Switching Technologies with a weightage of 21%
- IP addressing (IPv4/IPv6) with a weightage of 11%
- IP Routing Technologies with a weightage of 26%
- IP Services with a weightage of 8%
- Network Device Security with a weightage of 15%
- Troubleshooting with a weightage of 13%
The exam can be opted for by individuals who wish to excel their career and gain an edge in the IT industry, by getting their skills authenticated.
- Associated Certifications: CCENT and CCNA routing and switching.
The most important milestone in the journey of getting certified is the attainment of effective preparation standards. For this purpose, the candidates are recommended to asses and scrutinize the far-fetched and advanced preparation material provided by What is CCNA.